The Board of Trustees of AfricaRice congratulated Director General Papa Abdoulaye Seck and the staff of AfricaRice for placing the Center on a path of continuous growth. The Board of Trustees had its meeting from 7 to 10 March in Cotonou.
The Board congratulated the AfricaRice team for the following achievements.
- Doubling of the Center’s budget in 2010 compared to 2007, with a significant rise in fund reserves.
- Increase in recovery of contributions from African member states, which now collectively rank as the number one core donor of the Center.
- Increase in membership of the Center with more African countries joining in the period 2006–2010.
- Large number of exciting research projects addressing major challenges of rice in Africa, including climate change.
- Close partnership with national programs, the International Rice Research Institute (IRRI), and advanced research institutions.
- International recognition, such as the Agricultural Merit Order of France and the Merit Order of Senegal presented to the Director General, and the selection of AfricaRice researchers for the CGIAR’s Outstanding Communication and Young Scientist awards.